Dienstag, 9. Oktober 2012

The other side


I live now for 5 years in the city and on sunday it was the first time that I went on the other side of the river. I guess you will know the situation, when a loved one of yours is in town and you can - still after years - get  a completely new view for your town. You go to "new" places, walk through "new" streets and enjoy your coffee or beer in "new" bars, all because somebody refreshes your daily life. Its like watching the things with a children's eye again. Its like an holiday-adventure at home...


I put some fruits, cookies and a bottle of water inside my backpack and our bike trip started. We went down the harbour, crossed a couple of bridges, went south to Veddel, further to Wilhelmsburg and turned there to the west again. We've watched the port (which i can watch from my window) so closed.  Hundreds and hundreds of containers and cranes everywhere. Finally we crossed the river again through the Elbe Tunnel and went back home. It was such an adorable trip, with stunning views of the town and the harbour. And although I was afraid to get lost, we've found our way easily. Just the weather couldn't decide between rain and sun. But thats something I know only too well about the city...


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen